Welcome to Our New Website!
Before, During and After the Sew North Fix-a-thon
Many thanks to John Dennis, and Stephanie Clarke (Guelph Tool Library) for a
campaign which exceeded all expectations. Thanks also to the many
wonderful volunteers who cleaned, tested, tuned, and packaged the sewing
machines for delivery to northern and Arctic Communities
Sunday, June 3: Garden Planting Day – bring a picnic lunch at noon. We’ll eat and clean up the garden, and plant. The sign up sheet for summer watering is downstairs on the dividers in the hall. We need you to come to water the gardens twice in a week. To have only one week of duty, it will take 16 volunteers. Pick your week while there is lots of room on the calendar!
How Can I Help as We Sponsor our Refugee Family?
We are now accepting monetary donations, which will help provide for the family in their first year in Canada. You can give by:
- cheque (made out to St. James the Apostle), memo line “Refugee Fund”; mailing address is St. Matthias and St. James the Apostle, 86 Glasgow St. N. Guelph, N1H 4W2
- credit card: to donate directly by using Canada Helps (please note, a tax receipt is generated immediately) at:
Then go to the DONATE NOW button and from the drop down menu beginning with General under “Apply your donation to a specific fund set up by this charity”, be sure to choose Refugee Family Fundraising.
Thank-you for your support!or
We are not yet able to accept donations of furniture or household items as we need some sense of arrival date and then confirm accommodations. Shortly we will be posting needed furniture, household items, and clothing. The aim is to collect only those items that will best suit the living space and the family’s needs. We will appreciate your understanding in this regard.
Like Our Page
Thoughts for the Week
- Love in the Fire May 19, 2018The first mention of Pentecost as a feast of the church comes in the second and third centuries. Before that, it probably remained a Jewish feast migrating from a harvest festival celebrated fifty days after Passover, to a celebration of the giving of the Law. In both the Orthodox and Western churches, Pentecost is a […]Trudy Lebans
- God of the Restless World May 19, 2018I wonder how many people arose at dawn to watch the royal wedding? I know all kinds of folks who recognized that something had changed in the world to make this wedding possible; and this couple, regardless or because of their wealth and talent, could make this a seed for more changes to come. We […]Trudy Lebans
- Fierce and Loving: The Ones who Nurture May 13, 2018What does the feast day of St, Matthias, Mother’s Day and these readings have in common? Maybe nothing, but here is what has been rolling around in my brain. When I think of mothering, I don’t think particularly of myself, or even of my own lovely mother. Some of us were fortunate to have loving […]Trudy Lebans
- In change, wisdom May 6, 2018Let me hear the question that teaches me to hear the question I pray that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Source of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation as you come to know him, so that, with the eyes of your intentions and commitment enlightened you may know […]Trudy Lebans